• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Bird Cage blower... NOT ME. I got a

mouse cage blower on the heater. (Cirus) The cage was full of mouse trash & heater core obstructed again. I never have figured out how to get the cowel up so I could screen the air inlet like I've done on others,I dropped the blower, cleaned it all out. MOstly fingers with a little shop vac (really could not get in there good). Same as lasat time but a son-of-a-female-dog as are most things which really require 2 fully functional hands. I ended up using a stick to jam the blower back into place so I could get the screws back in. My only defense is to switch the heater to recirculate when parking... but some damn fool (probably me) eventually forgets to.Russ

I believe it's cable controled because I can hear it thunk even with the engine off. It's still a stop gap but until/unless I figure out how to get the cowel up... it's all I've got. I can not seal the whole cowel like I did on the truck because the hood hinges enter that space.

• 4 weeks later...

While I was cleaning the mouse poo out of the blower cage & heater core... I found the resistor block for the blower speed control. I'd had it replaced by the garage because I could not find the cussed thing. Well, it mounts into the bottom of the air duct between the blower & the heater core, with the contact block sticking down... & one wire to the blower. (The instructions that came with the unit from NAPA said "under the hood".) Really these are in the passenger's foot well behind the glove box (in the Cirus, necessary to remove a plastic duct/panel under the dash). This explains why I got the smell as the old resistor failed... air flow was supposed to cool it. Mouse fluff obstructed the air, caused it to overheat. Hope this will help someone else.Russ

Wish I could figure out to get the cowel up & screen it... much better than cleaning up after. Wife's been cleaning out storaged stuff in the barn... very many ruined my mice. Just uncovered some spare tractor lights... rubber housings... mouse nest in them & rubber chewed up. Saved the sealed beams & trashed the rest.