• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Weird tach issues (bouncing wildly)

• Owner

Anyone that has a tachometer gauge acting strange and showing unusually high RPM speeds and bouncing. Make sure the tone wheel on the crank is clean and no grease and grime in the tone wheel. Then make sure ther sensor is in good condition and the gap is correct. 

After I got the truck fired up it had a very wild tach and jumped all over the gauge randomly. After I power washed the engine 99% of that went away. Now showing correct numbers and no longer jumping wild high numbers like banging 4.5k randomly. 

• Owner

Another issue fixed..  bad crank sensor.

16194726490693307376535217572156.jpg

Finalized the install of the sensor its held in with a Allen screw. It's kind of hard to spot with crap ton of dirt and grease. Verified the tach signal against a live data tool its about -100 behind the tach on the dash but not bad. Reset the two codes for crank sensor performance and Crank Sensor A circuit issue. Sorry I didn't keep the error codes...

• Like 1