• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Leveling Kit?

Friend just bought a 97 2wd and I've been helping him get it in order. Just completely rebuild the front end, found a boost leak, got dash straightened out... ect.

The previous owner claims to have partially installed a leveling kit. said he installed it on the rear, but not the front. Friend wants to get rid of the leveling kit all together. I always thought a leveling kit only went on the front of a 2wd?

Moral of the story, I just looked under the truck. I do not see any non factory parts, other than some worn out rancho shocks. Do you guys see anything non stock?

PXL_20210608_154259861.jpg.1026ca96b84427a7d55ca414ebb542a0.jpgPXL_20210608_154304725.jpg.6ca8a071836747c035aa38ab96fa5a35.jpg

The picture did not load but as far as I know leveling kits go on the front and not the rear. Stock the trucks have about 3" of rake with the front end being the low point. I always liked the rake. And with my 5th wheel on the bed the truck sat very level. With a leveling kit on it the rear would be squatted. I cant stand that look when towing.

There is a thing going around here in NC, They call it the Carolina Squat. They are lowering the rear and jacking up the front, sometimes 10" or more difference between the 2. Dont know how anyone sees out of them.. Read today that the NC general assembly has almost outlawed it and is only one step away from doing it. I vote with them on this one.

https://www.google.com/search?q=carolina+squat+truck&sxsrf=ALeKk03iRWvbTuNX80RSnrP4lKbrDnAu5Q:1623207852233&tbm=isch&source=iu&ictx=1&fir=UOUmhfEGg6kFzM%2Cg_bhldIMC2u6BM%2C_&vet=1&usg=AI4_-kSfATGgek9Z-uRGrHehGRYTZzzCHA&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiu4La7yInxAhXaaM0KHe0RB4YQ9QF6BAgLEAE&biw=1341&bih=647#imgrc=UOUmhfEGg6kFzM

You be the Judge.

• Like 1