• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Smarty

All I can say about this product is WOW!! B) B) It's definitely worth all the kudos everyone gives it!! I've been running mainly SW5 default settings. Power is GOOD, mileage is good!!! Tried SW9 default setting today. I honestly think that SW7 default setting was more responsive!!! :wow After I got home this afternoon, I thought I'd download SW5 but advance the timing. With the Smarty Revo you can adjust timing, rail pressure and waste gate. I got some pretty noticable timing rattle with it advanced manually and the throttle response wasn't as good. So I re-downloaded SW5 default settings and all is well!!!

The Smarty Revo does add some rail pressure, so my overhead lie-O-meter is reading HIGH!!! It's been up to 24.8mpg on this tank and right now it's reading 23.8mpg. It was down to 21.8mpg until Sat. when I unhooked my work trailer. Since then it's been going up. But I'm sure tomorrow it'll start dropping when I start towing again. Mileage seems slightly above average. I've got 327 miles on this tank and I'm still between 1/2-5/8 tank!!! The DTE is reading 327miles. So I think I'm getting pretty good mileage on this tank, considering I had a new "toy" to play with!!!!! Smarty is the cat's dupa IMHO!!! :smart :smart

Now I would love to see some hard data from you on the Smarty... MPG, Dyno, 1/4 mile times etc... 8| :wow

Im actually curious as to how the two trucks will compare.. Might be kind of interesting.. :smart :thumbsup Congrats on the new toy Joe.. Have fun with it.. >:) Maiden

Thanks Maiden!! It's almost like I'm driving a "new" truck now. It is "so" different!! Different from the Edge and a lot different from stock!!!! Right now the truck has 382 miles on this tank and it's between the 1/2-3/8 line on the fuel gauge!!! This tank is getting real good mileage........and about half of the miles on this tank have been "towing" miles!! Granted my trailer only goes about 5,000lbs, but still!!!!! I ain't complainin' :thumbsup :thumbsup !!!!!

497 miles on the tank so far and she's just evened out on the 1/4line!!! This is gonna be a good tank mileage wise as the next couple days, I've got some driving around empty to do!! :thumbsup The lie-O-meter is reading 23.8mpg and hopefully I can "UP" that a bit this weekend!!!! I'm thinking this tank will get me 20+mpg!!! This is my first tank with the Smarty installed!!! B)

Update, 553 miles on the tank now and it's just touching the 1/8 line on the fuel gauge. Overhead DTE says 105 miles to go. I usually run it down to near 0. The overhead lie-O-meter is up to 24.1 now!!!! I can only wish it were that high!! :thumbsup B)

• Owner

This is where you need t upgrade to a ScanGauge II... But I know your truck won't work with it... As a matter of fact the ScanGauge II hooks up to the OBD II port under the dash but it can read any of the sensors or error codes... Yes... I had a customer call me with starting problems and his DOM is 01/2004.But I guess the hand written notebook and Excel sheet will have to do... :rolleyes

Update, 553 miles on the tank now and it's just touching the 1/8 line on the fuel gauge. Overhead DTE says 105 miles to go. I usually run it down to near 0. The overhead lie-O-meter is up to 24.1 now!!!! I can only wish it were that high!! :thumbsup B)

SWEET!!!!!!! sounds like your doing well.. What did the tank end up?? Glad its workin well for you.. Mopar honey, there is nothing wrong with the old fashioned way of paper and pencil..!!!!! Hell sometimes its more reliable then some computers.. lol... Maiden

The first full tank of fuel with my Smarty got me 19.7mpg average for the tank...hand calculated. Thought it looked better, but I'm not complaining one bit. 607.2 miles on the tank, of which about 225-250 were towing my work trailer. No highway miles either on this tank. Can't wait for a long highway trip to see what she does with the Smarty. :thumbsup

Mike, I would've been much closer to you mileage wise if that whole tank had been NON TOWING!! 1/3 of the miles on that tank were towing 5,000lbs. in suburbia. Yes, I'm still 2 strokin' the truck also at about 1/2 ounce per gallon. Usually I just dump in 16oz. per fill up and usually pump in 31-32 gallons. Still works for me!! :smart B)

Dorkweed, those are some pretty impressive numbers man. You have me looking into a smarty box now. I'm looking forward to see how you ended up mileage wise on that tank. Thanks for the info, -Eveready77

The fuel gauge is just touching the top side of the 1/4 line on my second fulll tank of fuel after installing my Smarty. Right now, I've got 520 miles on the tank. The overhead lie-O-meter says I can go 193 more miles before it hits 0 DTE. Running Smarty SW5 default settings!!! I'm happy!!! B)

My last tank netted me 20.4mpg hand calculated!! :thumbsup Probably 150-175 miles of the 630 for the tank were towing miles. I filled up with the overhead DTE lie-O-meter at 58!!! Could've gone further, but I couldn't pass the station that had diesel for $4.49/gal!!!! :wow :wow Talked to my bud today and he filled up for $4.24, 30 miles West of me!!! Hopefully she keeps coming down!!! Got some trips coming up in the near future. Can't wait to run the Smarty on open highway and see what she'll do!!! Of course, I'll post my findings!!! :thumbsup :smart