• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

AUGUST 2021 - Newletter

• Owner

I'm totally sorry for not being around the site as much as I should I've been extremely busy the last couple of weeks. 

So now I know there is weird things happening lately on the web site photos acting goofy, and other weird stuff. I finally got the admin panel fired up for the Google PageSpeed Module. I've been slowly tweaking the setting and trying ot make more gains. Now I've managed to get the rewriting the images in better format. What its trying to do is take the old school formats like JPG, GIF and PNG files and convert them to WEBP format which makes a considerable savings. 

I'm going to keep working at getting this all tweak in this week.

Here I'll show you what the module is doing for images... My logo at the top is saved on the site as a PNG. Now this is what Google PageSpeed is doing...

https://mopar1973man.com/storage/theme/monthly_2021_07/mopar1973man-logo.webp.306c992bd39ad6811c284320bb22d516.webp

But you can clearly see the Google PageSpeed re-wrote the URL and converted the image to WEBP format which most current browser can handle. 

Here is the link to verify if your browser can handle the new image format.

https://docs.w3cub.com/browser_support_tables/webp

• Owner

I'm pretty sure that the Google PageSpeed Module is working better now. I've got a few minor tweaks I would like to do but I got to give it time to settle down for a week or so before I consider the changes. But here is the page test I did just a bit ago. Finally make the grade all the way around. I build web servers like I build a Cummins engine... Quick...

screencapture-gtmetrix-reports-mopar1973man-com-gm5z5nBW-2021-08-13-17_35_26.png

Now compare to CF... M73M is the winner in this race of server times... Thanks to Google PageSpeed Module it really did the trick and saves a bunch of time. It works as a team with the Redis Server to make the best use of time and serving content from caches than having to build each page from PHP code. No way to cheat in this race... Only the faster server comes out on top!

screencapture-gtmetrix-compare-gm5z5nBW-r3ehh5uM-2021-08-13-17_46_27.png

Edited by Mopar1973Man

• Owner

Now I found a nice tool for the actual server OS. There is a application called tuned that you can run on Linux machines. After checking the CentOS 7 has tuned already installed. It was still set up as a basic server. I turned up the juice for "network-latency" this dropped the time it takes the Java scripts to load now. I've seen as low as 50ms for just the Java we got on the website. 

https://www.tecmint.com/tuned-automatic-performance-tuning-of-centos-rhel-servers/

• Owner

Should be right now. I was trying some of the different modules within the Google PageSpeed module. Some of the modules didn't quite work right like smiley issue, and dropping some of the icons on the page. I dropped back to just the core set and this should clear up most of the issues. I'm now waiting again for the whole Pagespeed module to "warm up" again and rebuild the caches.

:kick: Yup... Just kicking the can down the street...

Edited by Mopar1973Man

• Owner

Well, My last configuration was very very poor after it got warmed up. It made the java script slower. Nearly a full second to render. Now I opted for bandwidth saving and now done the re-configuration and a bit of bench testing. So far it looks much better timing wise and dropped java script time down to 100ms to 200ms. So now to let it fully warm back up and check again at the end of the day and see how it performing...