• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Rewiring tail lights

• Owner

Finally getting around to doing repairs on my own stuff rather than everyone's else vehicles. The previous owner of Thor just hacked up the tail light wiring and made a huge mess out of it. So I went out and order a weather-tight 7 terminal bus bar box. That way all the hitch connectors and the tail light wiring have a place to be without just be hanging under the bed as a knot of butt splices. The interesting part of the 3rd Gen bodies and electrical it is way over wired for the rear. Basically, there are two sets of wiring trailer/tow is one set with solid colors like green, yellow and brown. Then the body electrical is white stripped something. Dodge managed to do everything backward for color typically yellow is left, but Dodge used white/green. After test lighting and going through a ton load of wiring diagrams and retesting again. I found the brown for marker light on the trailer is not working from the TIPM. The green and yellow for turn signals and brakes work fine. I high jacked the body marker light lead (white/tan) for the trailer. I've got to get some plugs for typical push-in light like the round markers on my flatbed. I'll get a photo here in a bit this morning when I head back down to my shop.