• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Airbag light, seatbelt control module?

Edit: whoops. can someone move this to non- powertrain? Thanks

Hey all,

Ive had this forever, but its been on the backburner. I figure some better minds could help.

Airbag light, new clockspring fixed cruise control, no dice on light. Cant figure out how to pull codes for it. Dont know where to go.

I looked at a 99? Wiring diagram posted here, showed the ACM hooked to something called a seat belt module. Supposed to be under center seat? Nothings there on mine, or harness, so dont know if was deleted? Mine is a 2001. 

Also theres this terminated plug under the air-filter. Dont know where that goes or what it does, any clues on that?

Thanks for the help

50B987FE-9A45-4B98-BE3E-F165054BC102.jpeg

Edited by SVALIN
Wrong section

• Owner
26 minutes ago, SVALIN said:

Edit: whoops. can someone move this to non- powertrain? Thanks

Not a problem... POOF moved...

26 minutes ago, SVALIN said:

Airbag light, new clockspring fixed cruise control, no dice on light. Cant figure out how to pull codes for it. Dont know where to go.

Dealer is the only way I know to pull those codes to see what is going on. Maybe if someone has a Snap Scan Tool it might do it.

27 minutes ago, SVALIN said:

I looked at a 99? Wiring diagram posted here, showed the ACM hooked to something called a seat belt module. Supposed to be under center seat? Nothings there on mine, or harness, so dont know if was deleted? Mine is a 2001.

Yeah that was only in the early series of the 24V 2nd Gen. 2001 should be without that seat beat module.

28 minutes ago, SVALIN said:

Also theres this terminated plug under the air-filter. Dont know where that goes or what it does, any clues on that?

That is ABS speed sensor plug. Double check the driver side to see if there is a wire running up from the wheel bearing. Typically there is a wiring loom near by with a plug for that sensor on the fender skirt right next to the shock tower. 

Ah, vehicle has RWAL, so explains plug.

I plugged it into a modus or similar a while ago, recalling memory here, tried communicating with Airbag module, and was unsuccessful. Dont know if it was on me, or module dead. Module is plugged in and in proper spot.

Any other thoughts for diagnosing it?

So, the seatbelt light comes on and then off at startup, so I believe that indicates functional. But its never beeped at me when the belts arnt buckled..

SRS isnt something Id like to backprobe to diagnose.. dont much like the dealer either. I guess if cant figure out, Ill work on getting a better front bumper. :shrug:

• Owner

There is no chime for seat belts. The light on my truck is just a switch in the driver side buckle. The plug is under the seat. The seat belt module was because the front seat belts are in the front had no way to lock so the module detects g-force and locks the seat belt for prep of an accident. Later series like mine are weight base so when the weight pulls forward then the seat belt locks.