• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Quadzilla showing zero boost

So yesterday morning I went to start my dodge for the first time in over a week. Let the grid heater cycle 2 times and tried to start it.  Wouldn't start so I unhooked the quad from the battery but not the map (forgot that part). Jumped the truck and had a cel. Drove to my brother's next door to change the turbo. Got that done and went for a drive. Had zero boost checked the cel and it was a p0238, 0236. 

Unhooked the quad at the plug, left the quad map sensor is plugged and same results.  Drove like a turd and no boost. (Limp mode if I can describe it).  

Did I fry the map or the quad?  Should I unhook the quad map sensor and plug in the factory one?   

Thanks! 

I would try removing the quad completely to return the truck to stock configuration and take it if a test drive.  If it seems better, then I would look at what is wrong with the quad.  If its still gutless then maybe take a look at the turbo install.  There might be a massive leak somewhere.  Do you have an actual boost gauge or are you just using what the Quad says?

Just the quad is the only way I have to watch boost now.  It sounds like it's making some boost. Just no extra fuel being added. I'll try taking the quad off completely. Can I just unhook the plug from the quad or do I need to unhook it from the batteries and data link?

Edited by Unreal Summit

I cleared the code last night and hooked it back up and no change.

I've tried the new tune and old. Quad on level zero and 7 no change.  Quad reads everything else just not showing any boost building.  Of the stock plug on the map sensor isn't making it feel any different Its making me lean towards map sensor but just not sure. 

So you’re saying you cleared the code after you reconnected the quad and the code came back? you won’t get boost fooling without the quad connected. I’d return everything to the way it was (quad) and try it on level 3. I don’t know what custom tunes you have made for 7, but 3 will at least get you a little more fuel and boost  fooling. If that doesn’t work I’d be checking for leaks. Hopefully you didn’t get a bad turbo. 

I’d just check the map sensor/harness connection, make sure it’s solid and clean. Of course swapping in a new map sensor would at least confirm or eliminate that issue. Or start testing the wiring harness and looking for bad grounds. Also, what year is your truck?