• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Internet Provider Failed...

• Owner

Well, I finally had enough of the unstable internet here at my place. I made a call to Ziply and talked to a technician about my Internet dropping out and how I could be on a call with a client and then the phone call will start dropping out. Ziply technician said she would send out a technician to verify the signal and figure out what is going on. So the next day the technician comes out to the house. We had a nice long chat I will admit I know this guy very well. He informs me that all the wiring is in good order and no reason I should be dropping service. He also informed me some of the new equipment is already in McCall just waiting for it to be switched over. 

Well after that visit basically to tell me everything is in order and working. I placed another call this morning to Ziply and proceeded to ask for a discount for service being they can no longer provide the speeds I'm paying for. As I explained to 4 technicians about this it is a "breach of contract" that I'm paying for a service they are not capable of providing the speed and service I'm paying for. Typically in the evening, it gets so bad that I start dropping calls for my business phone (Samsung / Android) on Verizon Extender. My cellphone pager for the fire dept can't work unless there is a good WiFi signal which there isn't. 

Screenshot_20230322_153536_Nighthawk.jpg

As displayed on my router...

Link Speed: 26558 / 1914kbps

After having a long heated conversation with these 4 Ziply Technicians the best they can do is give me a one-time discount of 20 dollars off my bill for 3 months. This not going to fix my service or keep me on the internet. I even brought up the fact I could start calling the BBB and attorney and see about getting money back or a good discount. Again I more or less hit a wall and the final technician couldn't do anything more. 

The problem is typically people call me after work in the US. This means the east coast is 2 hours ahead of me and I can handle their questions and issues. But by the time Mountain Time gets off work, my internet is down to crawl and I can't have a long phone call without it breaking up. That's another reason I've not been posting videos because the upload speeds are horrid and slow a 3-minute TikTok can be over 30 to 40 minutes. Just like populating the store with products is slow as I wait for the server to respond to each item I place up in the store. As you'll see below my server is A scored and fast to respond. 

image.png

So I'm going to continue to stumble through this slow and broken internet till I can get StarLink. The biggest problem is the initial start-up cost of $600 for the equipment and then the first month of service.  Now I know a friend just down the road a mile and played with his setup and I love the solid internet he has from StarLink. So as soon as the store gets running I'll invest some money into dropping Ziply and switching to StarLink.