• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Soft Trans Lines, Fittings, Remote Cooler

I’m finally getting around to installing a Derale 15870 I’ve had in the garage for a while. I’m not stressing the trans as is, and honestly I’ve noticed temps staying lower (or more consistent) with just the addition of the Mag Hytec deep pan, so I’m a believer. Couple of questions to run by the group. 1.) I’m considering routing the hot oil to the remote cooler first, then to the factory cooler up front. My logic being that’ll mean less hot air being dumped over the intercooler, radiator, and engine. Would the heat transfer mitigation be enough to justify doing it that way and are there any plumbing considerations that would make this a bad idea? 2.) In an effort to reduce the number of auxiliary switches in the cab and on the knee bolster I was thinking of triggering the Derale fan off of the tow/haul switch. My thinking is I’d always want myself or anyone towing with my truck to have the fan running, and if I wanted to manually engage the fan in stop/go or low airflow driving situations I could just tap the tow/haul button instead of having another switch ran into the cab. Does anyone see a problem with this? 3.) I’m going to replace all the trans lines with soft 1/2” ID hose. Do these lines need to be anything special i.e. steel braided, or will off the shelf Napa hose work? 4.) Are barbed push lock fittings ok for this application, and what size should I get to avoid restrictions? I never really understood why I see

so many upgrades use 1/2” line (for example), and then a fitting with a 3/8” orifice. Seems counterintuitive, but I’m no thermodynamics expert. 

• 2 months later...