Mopar1973Man.Com LLC
  • Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Boost elbow adjustment vs wastegate actuator

I'm working on the truck in my sig. After installing all my upgrades last fall (pac brake, hx 35/40, 100 hp injectors, quad unit), I haven't been able to get over about 25lbs of boost even with the set screw in the boost elbow turned all the way in. Today I put a vice grip on the hose and saw a bit over 30ps of boost on a full throttle acceleration. Where in the adj process do I check the actual wastegate actuator setting/position? Its possible correct, to maybe need to adjust the length of the actuator rod? 

Also, I bought the manual boost controller shown by Mike in another post and have yet to install it. Mike, the red end goes towards the elbow correct? 

image.png.6752f67bcd47fd41fcd131c4621821f4.png