• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Back to daily driver

Well I figured on retiring my old grand Cherokee because it burns so much oil and the rear bushings are shot.

So that left my truck or my 1971 lincoln to drive, since the car is mint, that leaves the truck.

Still don't have the ECM done but I can do all the gauges myself with my CCD bus done.

Truck runs good even with stock injectors my transmission is going to hate me. I blew the exhaust apart and muffler is trashed from dragging. 

I replaced the AC compressor, lines, accumulator, flush vac and fill works great now. I replaced the starter twice now. Sometimes things were screeching and squeaking, thought it was alternator so I took it in for testing it failed at two different places rectifier regulator, no squeaking.  Alrighty get me a new one, still squeaky better not be that new AC. I put and old dry rotted spare belt on and bingo no noise. So new belt and tensioner now.

Today 3 new door latches 2 up front because stripped power lock motors and one rear lower door latch because a hole rusted through the door and rusted up the latch so everything rattled. What a brilliant idea door panels that just rip right off the door and bust up all the little Christmas tree things so you have fewer each time you have to get in there. 🤨 Doors work great now. I have to make a couple patches and weld in but now my welder doesn't want to work right.

While removing my rotten muffler I noticed the frame wont last much longer its rotted through.

Still to do, rear axle seal leaking ,brake shoes are probably ruined not the first time for this problem.

Paint peeling on the hood above turbo maybe heat or me not sanding it enough when I repainted the truck 8 years ago.

Rear sway bar hit something its bent I'll have to use the torch and see if I can fix it.

Need to fix the ball joints up front it pulls right ever since that shop replaced them years ago. They said it was tires.

One of the axle u joints flips too.

I've always had this weird problem when towing like the limited slip rear end isn't limited slipping when cornering and binds and the steering wants to fight back. I changed the fluid 200K miles ago and put the right stuff in .

Anyone else had that issue?

Edited by Great work!

• Owner
On 8/27/2023 at 7:04 PM, Great work! said:

I've always had this weird problem when towing like the limited slip rear end isn't limited slipping when cornering and binds and the steering wants to fight back. I changed the fluid 200K miles ago and put the right stuff in .

Are you sure the front axle isn't locked in? Sure sounds like typical 4WD crow hop. Weird?