• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Slick Fuel Filter Housing

I decided a few months ago I am tired of messing with the factory fuel filter housing. It’s not easy to remove the lines when I need to, and even with new hardware it still leaks at the drain valve sometimes. I have a large auxiliary trans cooler/fan mounted on the frame rail as well as the Raptor 4G so I don’t really have room for a rail mounted filter. While weighing my options I came across this from GDP https://www.glacierdieselpower.com/collections/fuel-filter-systems-vehicle-specific/products/glacier-diesel-power-1998-5-2002-dodge-ram-5-9-cummins-mk-7-big-line-kitheated-mk79852-blkh

It is pricey, but it retains use of the OE WIF plug and the fuel heater. It mounts in the factory location, uses a spin on 7 micron filter, and moves the outlet from the bottom to the top side of the filter. Probably gonna go with it, can’t find any flaws in their design-can you? 

Why wouldn’t it retain heat from the intake manifold? It’s in the exact same spot as the OE housing? Or are you saying it will retain less heat because the filter isn’t contained inside a thicker housing?