Mopar1973Man.Com LLC
  • Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Recently purchased a 2002 ho truck and got a good deal because the motor isn’t happy ( knocking and crazy blow by). To solve this problem I’ve purchased a 2000 model engine. Forgive me I am learning these 24s I’m used to 12 valves. I know now that there’s the two sub generations 98.5-00 and 01-02 and they don’t interchange very well. 

My main question is am I going to run into problems with the swap even with swapping the pcm/ecm/ engine harness ? Got a steal of the 2000 engine everything for 800$ so I really want to make this work .

3 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

I’ve read the dark text . Sounds like my swap should be fine then , fingers crossed 

7 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Better read again...

“For the proven method of swapping sub generations, you WILL need the ECMPCM, full engine harness & PCM at a minimum”

I have all this , and worse comes to worse can grab the trucks harness as well , dash too . Only thing I can think of that won’t work is cruise control after the swap 

On 6/3/2024 at 8:28 AM, Not2Smart said:

“For the proven method of swapping sub generations, you WILL need the ECMPCM, full engine harness & PCM at a minimum”

I have all this , and worse comes to worse can grab the trucks harness as well , dash too . Only thing I can think of that won’t work is cruise control after the swap 

Just to update got the engine swapped between yesterday and today and took for a road test. No issues . Only thing that don’t work anymore is cruise, which I knew wouldn’t going into this .

So to conclude, only things swapped are as listed

*2002 engine swapped to 2000

*ecm/ pcm from the 2000 donor

I didn’t list the engine harness because who pulls the harness off the engine when they pull it

• Like 1