Mopar1973Man.Com LLC
  • Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

98/99 Cruise control

• Owner
16 hours ago, svoking said:

clutch safety is bypassed, just left the jumper wire in the cab as i didn't have a safety switch i to install. 

The only system the clutch safety switch controls is the starter solenoid in the PDC. There is no connection to the PCM in this circuit.

image.png

Posted (edited)

tried a few more things, i switched out clusters and the 99 pcm turns on the cc light of the 98 gas cluster. seems to suggest they are communicating fine. 

i installed the 98 AT pcm that is setting AT codes and no engine codes. i installed a wire and pin in c1-6 tried the cc with wire both grounded and powered and same results no cc light on dash.
i don't know what the probability is that i could have 2 98 12v pcm that did not have CC, both pcm's will actuate the valves in the servo when using a scan tool to test function.  

I still haven't identified all the components on the ccd buss the check if there is a compatibility issue there.

Edited by svoking