Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Heavyd1980

In Cab Fan, Climate control

thank you is there a cover over the rheostat? and this rheostat was replaced about 30 days ago has anyone had one give up this quick and if so would the blower fan have cause this?

If duct if full of debris (leaves or mice beds) then its possible to have it fail... Because it relies on moving air to keep it cool so when the air is slowed or block around the resistor then it fails... Like in the pic you see the chip in the corner of mine... My low setting is gone... :rolleyes:

If you need to replace the resistor block again, drop the blower & check/clean out the duct work for critter debris. The air comes in through the cowel. The cowel drains are located behind the hood hinges... when I first bought my truck, mice got in immediately & I stuffed behind the hinges with stainless pot scrubbers (SS steel wool). Water will drain, perhaps a bit slower... but no critter access since 2001.To screen the intake on my Cirus, I need to pull the cowel & I haven't been able to... so I have had mouse problems repeatedly.