• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

I just notticed this morning after arriving at work that I have a slow drip. I tried tightening the plug but it Will not tighten up enough to stop the drip. I searched it and of course it can't just be a normal frickin screw in plug . Anybody deal with this drain plug before. Thoughts suggestions ? I am at work so don't want to mess with it till I get home. Thanks Rob

Yes its a plastic plug and its got o-rings in it and they most likeyl giving up the ghost now... As for pulling them apart I'm sure there is a way to pull the plug and service the plug.

Yeah its either the o-rings are bad, the plug is cracked, or the plastic radiator end is cracked(unlikely) You can purchase a new plug and o ring set from dodge for a fairly reasonable price. You will have to drain the coolant out though of course, so just get a couple 5 gallon pails and save it to pour back in when you're done.
  • Like 1

I found a pic of the plug. It has a barbed end on it and it doesn't just screw out all the way. It releases but the barbs keep the plug connected to the radiator. post-10242-138698172357_thumb.jpgOk so as you can see the end of plug has some barbs on the end. So when you install the barbs go thru a hole with some threads in it and then you tighten up the plug and the oring or whatever seals the radiator. So my question is how can you pinch the barbs together in order to remove the plug from the hole so you can replace the o-ring or just the plug it self ??? hope this make sense.Thanks Rob