• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Try to understand my automatic tranny

I love the way a stick shift pulls but my 98 has the 47re. It was rebuilt just before I got it with supposedly heavy duty parts from a shop in Phoenix. I called the shop with my serial number and they said it was there heaviest duty tranny available. Now to my problem,I hate how this thing feels soft or mushy between lockup. Sometimes if I slow down almost to a stop but not quite, it will stay in second and just wind up really high without really gaining speed. Really anytime the convertor isnt locked it just feels like im not putting the power to the ground. Is this just the nature of the beast or will a good tripple disk TQ fix this? I drove my buddies 04 Dmax the other day with the 5speed allison and it didnt have this "squishy" feeling mine has. Mine also has a valvebody or shift kit in it because it will break your neck on shifts if your driving like a granny. I always wanted to swap to a nv5600 but if a proper built auto will have the power like a stick shift then I would rather have that.