• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Abs pulsing problem

My lights are on and it pulses like a bad rotor.Can anyone tell me what to check.I had all this problem before i replaced the wheelbearings,rotors and ball-u-joints.When i am light on them around 30mph it seems ok, hit them hard the pedal pulses.I only have a smarty to check codes so i cant get into the abs computer.

What about unhooking one sensor and seeing what happens? If it acts like a sensor then try the other one. However......

My lights are on and it pulses like a bad rotor.Can anyone tell me what to check.

That just might turn out to be a rear drum. I had one that pulsed and one drum had a bad spot in it.

I had a real bad rear rotor a few years ago.The inner part was just gone.The only part left was the inner ribs.Funny you say the rear.I was looking at them when i did the front.They look bad i know i should do them.I really didnt think the rears do much.I will get on them and post the results.For some reason i am thinking it is the abs motor.

The light went out on its own. :hyper: 3 years ago when i had help doing the pass side front wheel speed sensor the guy said the light will go out by the time i roll out of his drive way (600 ft driveway) nothing doing!

I had to put over 100 miles on and about 6 key starts.

For some reason the same thing happened again.I had to put over 100 miles on and 6 or more key starts.

The pulse is still there......:banghead: now last night i replaced the rear rotors.

Posted Image

Thisone was stuck.The e brake held strong my b.f.h. was the boss.

Posted Image

This one poped right off no problem didnt even have to hit it once.

One caliper is shot.The mounting bolt is fine the caliper hole is rounded out.I didnot test drive it yet.As you can see the ware marks on both are real bad.I just need more cash to get new calipers.

Update: Man this is nice.Pulse is gone, stops like new.Good call on the rears Terry C that was the problem.

You know ,i really didnt think the rears could cause that much trouble.

Wow! Those rotors are ugly... :stuned: Heck I might have to shoot a pic of mine...

Yup, jack nasty.They look like they came off a truck that sat in a junk yard for a few years. You should see the calipers.I will post pictures when i fix them.One hole is so warn out i put a pc of pipe in the hole to take up the slack and the slider pin fit in it.Just a getterby. New calipers should be here tuesday pm.