• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Driving Light Relay

Ok Mopar Man. I own a 99 24v, recently sold my 98 12v quad cab long box, lift, 37's 389HP, custom paint I mixed up(based of a kia color, yea i worked in auto body for three years) I built it from the frame up, three months and many blood sweet and beers `:( Anyways, I have installed 02 fog lights via toggle switch activated relay, my pickup was a non fog light rig. I also have my low beams on at all times. I just shorted the power wire from the headlight switch when the headlights are on to the low beam kicker wire in the multi-function switch. My problem is I have installed 100w aircraft lights on my bumper, much like yours and the ones i have in my rear bumper i built. I cannot get a relay to work the way I want to. I would like the lights to come on when the brights are on with a toggle switch interference in the exciter wire. I get the headlights coming on when the headlight switch is off. If i reverse the function of the relay the fog lights come on when the lights are off and wont come one when the headlights are on. I do not know what to do from here. I get 12v at the r/o wire when the highs are off and very little voltage when on. very Little at the v/w wire when on and none when off. I Am at a loss, I was hopping for some insight since you have done this. I looked at your diagram but could not get any help from it. Sorry for the long post.

Ok, I just looked at your diagram a second time an figured out how you are shutting them off with the fog light circuit via a ground controlled switch, but i would still like to know how to make this work like a normal relay and close the circuit when the highs are on.

• Owner

Being that the relays are feed from a constant hot source (fog lamp relay and trailer relay) that means you got to shut down the ground side. But I still got a flaw in mine. Basically if the headlight are in the high beam mode the toggle switch will not shut down the lights till low beam is selected. There is as feed back problem and it can be resolved with a diode added to the relay ground legs...