• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Overhead Compass

Ok so my 98.5 has the overhead compass but i was wondering does it display the mileage? i have not been able to achieve that with it yet, if it does what is the combo of buttons to press to get this info? mine only has two buttons on it one on each side of the display. I know that white's truck does have the mileage feature but his truck is an 01 as well.

• Owner

1998.5 24V, QCSB, BHAF, 125 HORSE INJECTORS, EDGE JUICE W/ATTITUDE, AIR DOG 100, 4" EXHAUST, SOUTH BEND CLUTCH, LEVELING KIT, 315/75-16 TIRES.

Won't make a difference... With those toyz underlined your display would be a long ways off showing you like 35 MPG...

The best thing to use if you want one is a ScanGauge II or simular... Because you can calibrate it to your fueling toyz and the huge oversize tire and get true numbers...

www.scangauge.com

• Owner

those are cool...so how can you dial it to your fueling devices?

Very simple after you consumed a tank of fuel the SGII will report what it thinks you have consumed. well this will be off for sure so now you take and adjust the SGII to match the same amount of fuel that you pumped in your tank to the SGII and that part is calibrated.

Now you take a GPS of any type and cruise along at 45, 55, 65, and 75 MPH and calibrate the SGII to match as closely as possible to the GPS. (NOT you stock speedometer!)

So now what is all this do??? Well it sets the stag for calculation fuel usage...

Mile Per Gallon Calucation

Speed (Miles Per Hour) / Fuel Usage (Gallons Per Hour) = Miles Per Gallon

Gallons Per Hour Calculation

Speed (Miles Per Hour) / Miles Per Gallon = Fuel Usage (Gallons Per Hour)

Speed Calculation

Fuel Usage (Gallons Per Hour) x Miles Per Gallon = Speed (Miles Per Hour)