• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Replacement water pump

I was surprised when I replaced my water pump. The OEM pump was made in England. The replacement pump from AutoZone and was manufactured in Canton , Ohio. I thought for sure it was going to be an import. The replacement also has a limited life time warranty. kind of nice that some parts are still made in the USA.

Bought a replacement water pump from O'Reilly in 2003 - the original one had lasted 8 years.Last year (2010) the new one went out after seven years. Went back to O'Reilly for another. When I paid for it the guy looked me up in the computer, said "You bought one of those here in 2003" and I said "Yeah that's the one that this one is to replace."He told me to bring that pump in, in the box the new one was in, and he'd give me my money (that I just paid him) back - the pump is guaranteed for life. I put the new one on, brought back the 2003-new-one, and he gave me my money back. Can't believe it, but it happened. Maybe one reason I got the heater core and A/C evaporator there instead of somewhere else... or maybe just 'cause that's where I go for parts since the local NAPA closed.Regards,Andrew

It is sweet, I am amazed. Surprised they can make any money on parts, but I suppose most people will sell the vehicle before the new part wears out.Interesting that the replacement pump lasted almost as long as the factory original. I guess I need to make a note to check the seal for leaks again in about 2017.Regards,Andrew