• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Bosch Testing of Fuels...

i agree with 90% of what you said snofarmer. in oklahoma we have several refineries. the notable ones are phillips66 and valero. i believe these only deliver fuel to the stores in question. most no name places like 7eleven and quicktrip use the phillips66. i believe because of their location they are the cheapest in this area

Your right some areas have more than one refinery. like in Billings mt, and they refine fuel for there own stations but around hear we only have one refinery. All of the gas stations get there fuel from the same place, in the same area you will see fuel depots with the diffrent distributors logo's on the tanks. Every area would need to have a dozen refineries other wise. Other wise the roads would be full of tanker trucks hauling fuel from Conocos refinery to there stations for example. The refinery's are to far apart to make it feasible to refine all of the fuel your stations will need. . No matter who refines the crude oil all fuel is the same until it gets to the fuel depot, that is where the addtive packages is add to the fuel. I kind of wonder about this proublem. I've run some older cummins engines and we ran some crappy fuel, interspooge is what we called it. It's the fuel that is at the beginning or end of a shipment. When fuel, gas, etc etc leaves the refinery it is carried by pipeline across the state/contery they no longer use a "pig" to keep the fuels separate. so some of the shipment gets mixed with the shipment before and after it. Thus interspooge. this mix of fuel is sold to industry to be consumed. We never experienced and fuel problems? Maybe the fuel is the proublem maybe Bosh is the proublem as they knew the lubricity property's of the fuel in the US and they still MFG a pump that would not hold up to it? just some thoughts.

Maybe the fuel is the proublem maybe Bosh is the proublem as they knew the lubricity property's of the fuel in the US and they still MFG a pump that would not hold up to it? just some thoughts.

i do not like to think that Bosch designed the VP-44 to fail early...i think research and development wanted fully electronic injection. but i believe in an effort to meet new emission standards, they rushed to create a pump that would meet emissions while other injection strategies were finalized and made into production. but this is all speculation... for a fact they know that bad fuel kills pumps. i have heard people say the the CRD is even more picky. so it would lead one to believe that either our fuel once had been better quality than it is now, or the mechanical pumps aren't as picky. being a diesel novice i can only guess and speculate.