• Announcements

• Mopar1973Man

Quadzilla Tunes   06/12/2017

QUADZILLA TUNE REPOSITORY - There is now a Quadzilla tune download area. When you submit a tune file to the download area it will automatically create a forum topic that allows discussion of your tune. So export your tune and upload it to the site. Then we all can help out in building better tunes. Check it out gang...
    • Mopar1973Man

911 Support Group   06/22/2017

Hey Gang, I've got the 911 support group database back up and running once again. It's listed in the 911 support category. It will allow members to list their contact information and location so other have a listed of members to call upon in the time of need. So if you wish to support other member please stop by and add your listing into the database. https://mopar1973man.com/cummins/911-support.html/contacts/

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

volkswagon

looking for help with 15L ISX

4 posts in this topic

Anybody on here have any experience with Cummins ISX engines? We have one in an 05 IH truck. I've been wondering about doing an egr delete on it. I hear that it really lowers fuel consumption and it runs cooler. Anybody confirm this or know how to do it?

All I've done on an ISX is replace one of the camshafts...

As for your question, I haven't gone too deep into it to give you a correct answer. Sorry...

--- Update to the previous post...

Wish I could be of further assistance.

Well so far all the places on the web say don't do it... (Narrow minded sites) They're so worried about the DPF filters and such... :rolleyes: One guy got smart and disconnected the EGR solenoid lead and gained about 1 MPG and much cooler EGT temps...

Well if the EGT's were lower that would surely mean the ECT's would be lower too. Hot coolant temp is what we fight with the most. Working in dusty fields in summer and the rad is always getting plugged making the situation worse:doh: