• Announcements

• Mopar1973Man

Google Authenticator   04/23/2017

Mopar1973Man.Com will now start using two-factor authentication to protect users accounts. All staff, donors, and customers will be required to use the Google Authenticator which you can download for free. Just scan the QR barcode and the app will provide the lock code. If you attempt to guess the code it will lock you out of the site. So please don't guess at the code. This will only appear to users that are accessing mission critical data to the member or the site.   I also enable the question and answers. If anyone has other ideas for question please PM to me and I'll add them to the system as well. The Question and Answers work similar and you must answer the questions to gain access to a protected area.  

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

98whitelightnin

Problem with automatic gear shifter

6 posts in this topic

I got one of Winslow's high idle boxes and the truck is awefull picky of when it will let it work. I tested the box with an ohm meter as per Winslow's instructions and it works correctly so I have ruled that out. Soemtimes the truck will start to idle up and then get to about 1000 rpm and just drop back off to 800 or so. Other times it will not idle up at all, even when its in the teens outside it should idle up on its own. The otherday I put the transmission in neutral it it idle'd up right so I thought it was the park switch but then the next day it idle'd up in park. I drove around the pasture loading up round horse panels and put it in park and hit the high idle switch 3 different times and it worked all three times but then yesterday it wouldnt engage in park or neutral. I can change gears without pushing in the break if the key is on, it worked when I got the truck but I accidently broke something in the column and its been that way ever since. :shrug:

does the truck start in neutral and park? if so then your neutral saftey switch is working fine.

Ya, it starts in neutral and park. I may have figured something out today, if I put the truck in park and let it role into gear (like when you on a hill and dont use the e-brake) it idled up like its supposed to every time.:shrug:

well maybe the tranny isnt sitting against the catch all the way then. good find!!!

well crap!!!:cry: ummm??? i wonder if the gear shifter being broke is jackin with it???