• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Headlight Question

My truck is a 2002 2500 HO NON sport truck. For Christmas my wife bought me some of the projector lights (also called angel eye headlights). Before installing the lights I bought the heavy duty wire harness from LMC truck. The one with the relays and pulls its power from the battery. I have installed this harness already. This headlight kit converts the single bulb 9004 to an H1/9005 setup (like the sport model). To make the system work properly, the instructions say to swap the high beam and ground pins in the headlight harness plug. My question is, there are 3 wires in the harness but, which wires I need to swap to make this lights perform properly. Also.. what is the trick to getting the wires out of the connector to swap them.Thanks in advance for the help!!Greg

I'm not familiar with the connector you are talking about. I DO have experience with marine electronics & landmobile communications equipment. We were able to remove some contacts intact from plugs (so the cable could be snaked through a hole) and the reassembled. There were various tools that would slide down over the pin, compressing the little locking tab (tooth) that would hold it in the connector. If you can exhamine the plug with a bright light & a magnifier you may be able to see the lock & make shift a devise to release it.Russ

• 1 month later...

Back when I worked in electronics... there were tools that could be used to release the pins in electronic connectors. A lot opf the contacts were simple press in & had a barb to keep them there. The tool would push the barb flush so the pin could be removed. On a typical round pin, the tool was a hollow tube the right size with a handle. Use a big magmifier to study the connector.

Russ

• Owner

Then there is the other style is you'll find a slot above or below the connector. If you look inside the notch you'll see a tab holding the connector in place. I normally using either a flatten piece of bailing wire or a jewelers flat blade screwdriver (small). (Typical blade connectors) Another I've see is a look closely and find there is a removable piece of plastic that will expose the locks. Just light lift the proper lock with a small jeweler screwdriver and remove. (fuel tank sender) But typically most all connectors have a locking mechism to it. Just take your time and study the connector... Another thought is if your looking for a removal tool you might try "CaspersElectronics.Com" and see if they happen to have a tool to meet your needs. :confused: http://www.casperselectronics.com/store2/