• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Synthetic 2 cycle oil usage.

• Owner

I have just joined the 2 stroke revolution, 1 oz wally world per gal of diesel, actually I think I'm just a hair under 1 oz per gal. I'm not exactly sure if my tank is 32 or 35 gal. Added 32 oz of oil.

You might look in the back of the owner manual it should be listed for what size of fuel tank you got... If you don't have the owner manual for your truck you could connect a Dodge dealer with your VIN number and they could tell you everything about the truck... :thumbsup PS: you might want to fill out you signature it will help us out and figuring out what you have for a truck... :thumbsup

• 2 months later...

Can someone tell me what the difference is between a ford 6.0 2006 powerstroke and a 2007that would cause you not to use 2 cycle oil in the fuel? Thanks

• Owner

Can someone tell me what the difference is between a ford 6.0 2006 powerstroke and a 2007 that would cause you not to use 2 cycle oil in the fuel? Thanks

The fact that 2007+ model trucks are designed for ULSD (<15 ppm sulfur) so it might cause damage to smog equiptment... 8|

Is the smog equipment different on the 2007 than earlier models? I thought it wasn't changed till the 2008 model. Thanks for your quick answer before.

• Owner

Is the smog equipment different on the 2007 than earlier models? I thought it wasn't changed till the 2008 model. Thanks for your quick answer before.

The EPA regulations brought the ULSD design in effect as of 2007... I was manitory for all fuel stations to clearly mark ther fuel either LSD or ULSD at the pump. This was to prevent damage to 2007 model years EPA equiptment... :rolleyes

• 3 weeks later...

WOW!!! This is a really great site. I am new here and have really enjoyed the discussions I have read. I just started using the 2 cycle engine oil. Hopefully I will see the advantages as well. I will post my results as I can. I have a vintage 2001 ram 3500 24 valve with 3:55 rear gears and a 5 speed. Right now it has 128,000 miles on the odometer. I have been very dissapointed in my fuel milage. It is usually ranges from 12-15 MPG in town and the best I get unloaded on the interstate is 17 MPG. I will try anything to get better MPG. I started with the pennzoil synthetic blend at 1 quart to 35 gallons of fuel. After reading more posts I will probably cut back to 1 pint per 35 gallons. Any advice? I am new to the diesel engines, but have worked with dodge trucks since I was a kid. I really appreciate the help I have gotten so far, especially from Mopar1973Man from other websites.

• Owner

WOW!!! This is a really great site. I am new here and have really enjoyed the discussions I have read. I just started using the 2 cycle engine oil. Hopefully I will see the advantages as well. I will post my results as I can. I have a vintage 2001 ram 3500 24 valve with 3:55 rear gears and a 5 speed. Right now it has 128,000 miles on the odometer. I have been very dissapointed in my fuel milage. It is usually ranges from 12-15 MPG in town and the best I get unloaded on the interstate is 17 MPG. I will try anything to get better MPG. I started with the pennzoil synthetic blend at 1 quart to 35 gallons of fuel. After reading more posts I will probably cut back to 1 pint per 35 gallons. Any advice? I am new to the diesel engines, but have worked with dodge trucks since I was a kid. I really appreciate the help I have gotten so far, especially from Mopar1973Man from other websites.

Well since you didn't fill out your signature It's really hard for me to see what year of truck ya got... But... All 1st and 2nd Gen Dodges can handle up to 100:1 ratio without any problems. But 128:1 ratio is standard. (1 oz of oil for every gallon of fuel). It only the 3rd gen trucks that are a bit touchy... you can got as low as 200:1 ratio and as high as 256:1 ratio... (Basically 1/2 oz of oil for every gallon of fuel)... Here is more on this... http://mopar.mopar1973man.com/cummins/general/2-cycle-oil/failure/failure.htm

• 1 month later...

On the Fords its the 2008 models that you don't want to use 2cycle in, due to the DPF(Diesel Particulate Filter) in the exhaust system. Anything prior to 08' you will be fine. In fact any cars or trucks that are DPF equipped should not use 2cycle. Its unfortunate, but the DPF filters are so restrictive that it dosen't take much to clog them up. This is why they have to use super heating of the exhaust system by injecting extra fuel and raising the egt's to break down the soot collected in the DPF to clean it out. This can occur as much as every 7-800 miles in some vehicles. Its an EPA thing, use more fuel to clean the air, makes no sense. Harry