• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Frustrations

I got my wires soldered to the IAT extension harness. It was very frustrating. Nothing wrong with the tools or the work... just my friggin' MSed up hands!! I kept dropping things, pliers, solder, hot soldering iron (fortunately the hot tip missed my leg)... and when I held them I couldn't manipulate them as I needed to. I ended up propping the soldering iron on the bench, twisting the wires together as best I could... clamping them with forcepts & taking the work to the heat. I've not done much soldering in quite a few years. I KNOW how... It's just so discouraging to not be able to do something I used to be able to do. Russ

Next time let me know what you want to do and I can order the extension, solder everything up and ship it to you. Just pay for the extension and I'll cover the rest. Anything you need like that..you pay parts to my house, I do it and pay shipping to yours, then it costs you the same as if it just went to your house. I might be able to compare to you though. Had to solder in 20 gauge wire into 15 pins of a tiny connector, connector in one hand, iron in the other, feeding solder with my mouth :lol: Ok maybe it doesn't compare, but I did that for 20 hours over 2 days haha. But yeah next time, let me know! It would be my honor to do anything like that for you.

Hey, thanks a lot. The problem is guessing when the need will crop up. I'll keep it in mind.I think it's the frustration of discovering an increased disability. That's the thing about MS. As it progresses... you figure out work arounds & adapt to a limitation... about the time you catch your breath emotionally, you get hit with something new. It's nobody's fault & I've left no stone unturned as far as slowing it down. It's just how it is.I do appreciate the support.Russ

• Owner

Russ, I get so damn tongue-tied trying to come up with the right words to say to you... They all seem so inadequate. You're one helluva great guy and it tears me to pieces to see this damn diease putting you out of commission on a daily basis... If the miles were shorter between Idaho and RI you know I'd be there as quick as my Dodge could get me. But I'm stuck! At least ISX stepped up to the plate and offered to do the electronics wiring for ya. I really don't know what else to say... :shrug: