• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

I am installing new eng. and have a few questions. I am not a clutch expert but here gose. What brand of gresse should I go back with on shaft that throw out bearing slides on? It had a little but was getting dry and hard. Also shouldnt the splines that the clutch rides on have a little? You can see it had some at one time but is dry now.

I never even thought of that. I have some of this high temp high pressure fancy grease that I use on everything. It holds up to the heat of the injector holes as I rub them down with it. Would think anything along those qualities would work just as well on those parts too.

Wheel bearing greese? I have Amsoil greese also.It's south bend clutch I installed about three years ago and it is perfect other than the greese. And the greese probably would have made it a while longer. I really cant get over the fiber on the clutch its practically like new. :thumb1:Is this a mess or what?:lmao:

post-30-1386981764_thumb.jpg

Wheel bearing greese? I have Amsoil greese also. It's south bend clutch I installed about three years ago and it is perfect other than the greese. And the greese probably would have made it a while longer. I really cant get over the fiber on the clutch its practically like new. :thumb1: Is this a mess or what?:lmao:

Wheel bearing grease should work,maybe a thin coat on splines just to help with assembly. If your turning flywheel(not a whole bunch can be removed,just enough to get rid of hot spots) have it bored for for a roller bearing.:2cents: Looks like a working shop. Where is Elgin,TX?:shrug:(could mapquest but to lazy)