• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Idling and now starting issues.

After driving 250miles south she was running fine. I filled up and shortly after had what felt like a misfire. the truck was driving fine but it just wasnt idling like it used to. I put another 750 miles in the same week and have filled up 2 or three times now and it still isnt idling right. i changed the fuel filter and now a day later its not starting right. it will turn over, choke a couple times and die. then i have to crank for about 6-10 second with nothing and then she will fire and run. I my lift pump is just over a year old and my pressure sensor recently died do to lack of isolation. i have plenty of power all around still and my fuel mileage is still the same. you can tell also if you hold the throttle down to 1200rpms or so, it doesnt run perfectly like it used to. im at about 139000 miles in this 01 24v. Did i just get a bad dose of fuel and it may just need to still work out its issues? Im going to replace the filter again. any ideas would be greatly welcomed.

• Owner

yeah after reading something you had posted on injectors that was my first thought with the misfire feel. i was debating tearing into the injectors and trying to clean them. what kind of places will pop test the injectors?

Any injection shop show be able to do it... Call around though first...
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I actually ran a full tank down with 32 ounces of Power Service Diesel injector cleaner in the gray bottle. So far it is running a lot better and I found out the starting problem was because i was leaking fuel from the fuel pressure sensor. I tightened it up and have not had any starting issues. Thanks for all the input!