• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

airdog2-165 fuel pressure?

Has anybody had issues adjusting the pressure on the airdog2/165, the instructions say 2 turns clockwise equals 15-16 psi, but my gauge says 26 psi. Trying to reduce pressure but if i go all the way counterclockwise on the airdog i only get 21 psi. Is the air dog wrong or the gauge?

Has anybody had issues adjusting the pressure on the airdog2/165, the instructions say 2 turns clockwise equals 15-16 psi, but my gauge says 26 psi. Trying to reduce pressure but if i go all the way counterclockwise on the airdog i only get 21 psi. Is the air dog wrong or the gauge?

your adjusting tension on a spring so I wouldn't freak too much over what the instructions say and look at the gauge instead. I always keep a test gauge on hand to verify my on-truck gauge is working correctly every oil change. the spring they sent might be just a touch too stiff, I know there has been suggestion that over 20 psi is too much (although documentation by bosch has no max PSI) but I havent seen any evidence supporting that claim maybe mike has I know he suggested it for a long time. for now just keep it at 21 and play with the throttle a bit see where it falls at WOT and then give pureflow a ring about the spring tension, they will usually send a replacement for ya, most times they have issues of springs not stiff enough and needing shimmed, not the other way around..

your adjusting tension on a spring so I wouldn't freak too much over what the instructions say and look at the gauge instead. I always keep a test gauge on hand to verify my on-truck gauge is working correctly every oil change. the spring they sent might be just a touch too stiff, I know there has been suggestion that over 20 psi is too much (although documentation by bosch has no max PSI) but I havent seen any evidence supporting that claim maybe mike has I know he suggested it for a long time. for now just keep it at 21 and play with the throttle a bit see where it falls at WOT and then give pureflow a ring about the spring tension, they will usually send a replacement for ya, most times they have issues of springs not stiff enough and needing shimmed, not the other way around..

just received spring from airdog about an hour ago and installed on the truck, finally i am at 17-19 psi and 15-16p psi wot. the only thing i dont like is that the marker on the gauge jumps up and down about 2 psi. is this normal?

just received spring from airdog about an hour ago and installed on the truck, finally i am at 17-19 psi and 15-16p psi wot. the only thing i dont like is that the marker on the gauge jumps up and down about 2 psi. is this normal?

use a snubber or a needle valve just barely cracked open it will reduce the jumping you are seeing.

Few have but the fact still remains its not adjustable and you cannot shut the system down if there is a problem... This why the $8 buck needle valve (WH6820) is usually taken over the autometer snubber.[/QUOTe

my fuel pressure sensor is installed in line with a 1/8 npt "t" fitting about 12" before the vp44, so the only way to add the needle valve is to add another line from the "t" fitting to the to the needle valve then another line to the sensor. Is this correct? How does the needle valve reduce the pulsating at the gauge? Do you reduce the pressure a little? are you still getting the accurate reading?

Still a accurate reading its just the water hammer is filtered out.

Posted Image

Here is a short video of how to set it...

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=M33ZCc8b-7Q

ok, so you play with the valve until you see the gauge move smoothly? According to the setup i have, am i correct in the way i plan to install the valve?