• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

About 2 weeks ago I had the apps replace with a timbo sensor (previuosly I had made adjustment to my original apps 4 months ago) because it was showing trouble when shifting betwen 2nd a nd 3rd gear and also prensented the dead pedal symtom while i was driving on the freeway 65mph and when i release the pedal power was back. Any way after i replace the timbo sensor i drive over 1200 w/out any issue at all. suddenly today i was driving on the freeway 65 mhp and felt the loss of power, but my tachometer remain still @1900 rpms, so step on the gas and got power back release it to maintain 65 mph and symptom appear again then went gone. Also I notice trany again is having hard time to decide 2nd or 3rd gear operation. I'm wondering if alternator might have something to do with it, I have read the forum thread that a like from the diodes circuit might drive other systems nuts.

About 2 weeks ago I had the apps replace with a timbo sensor (previuosly I had made adjustment to my original apps 4 months ago) because it was showing trouble when shifting betwen 2nd a nd 3rd gear and also prensented the dead pedal symtom while i was driving on the freeway 65mph and when i release the pedal power was back. Any way after i replace the timbo sensor i drive over 1200 w/out any issue at all. suddenly today i was driving on the freeway 65 mhp and felt the loss of power, but my tachometer remain still @1900 rpms, so step on the gas and got power back release it to maintain 65 mph and symptom appear again then went gone. Also I notice trany again is having hard time to decide 2nd or 3rd gear operation. I'm wondering if alternator might have something to do with it, I have read the forum thread that a like from the diodes circuit might drive other systems nuts.

Do you have any idea how many volts your alternator is putting out? I have been having issues with dead pedal as well! Look at thread about apps acting funny! I had broken wires on the back of my alternator! Or your alternator could be going bad! Just a few thoughts!

Do you have any idea how many volts your alternator is putting out? I have been having issues with dead pedal as well! Look at thread about apps acting funny! I had broken wires on the back of my alternator! Or your alternator could be going bad! Just a few thoughts!

Thanks for the input I'll take a look at my alternator

Thanks for the input I'll take a look at my alternator

I have the alternator remove and checked by a tech and found carbon brushes wornout . I replace the carbon brushes 2 days ago and all symptoms are gone,...at least for now:)

• 1 month later...

Glad to hear that! Kind of thought it might have been your alternator!

Hi, me again with the dead pedal issue . 3 weeks i hade my alternator repaired the problem show up again so i went and bought a new alternator, and again problem was solve ; but this time the symptom appear 4 days after replace the new alternator. any ideas...i believe I saw an article were a filter is installed on the power line of the computer to solve this issue, does anyone has any experience with this