• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Anyone know where you can get parts for a 47re. Had a cooler line fitting break off and can't locate one for threaded lines. Only one I can find is for push in lines which I don't have. Called the local dodge dealer but got more help asking my dog about it. :banghead:

Which line is it? Factory would be about the only choice you got unless its the front line coming out the side of the tranny which you can get from DTT which will have a sensor port in it.

The line in front of the shifter linkage. Sensor port would probably be a good idea so I can install a temp gauge. Thanks.

The line in front of the shifter linkage. Sensor port would probably be a good idea so I can install a temp gauge. Thanks.

If you do a search here there is a thread I posted in with pics and factory part # for a factory line with temp sensor port in it also.

--- Update to the previous post...

I did the work for you.

Here is the link to the thread with dodge part # and pics of it.

http://forum.mopar1973man.com/threads/1135-Installing-Tranny-temp-gauge?highlight=sensor

• Like 1

If you do a search here there is a thread I posted in with pics and factory part # for a factory line with temp sensor port in it also.

--- Update to the previous post...

I did the work for you.

Here is the link to the thread with dodge part # and pics of it.

http://forum.mopar1973man.com/threads/1135-Installing-Tranny-temp-gauge?highlight=sensor

Is there any compatibility issuse between a 99 47re and a 2002 truck that are going to bite me on the butt when I go to swap this tranny in? I can't ever seem to find any info when I search for anything. I did a search for fittings and 47re parts before I posted and got no results, I must need a class on searching the forum, lol.

I checked out that thread you linked, thanks again. I still have yet to find the fitting. I plan on ordering that line for the temp sensor but still need the fitting in the trans that the front line screws into. I checked the DTT website and can't find anything. Tried calling several times yesterday and once today and can't get through for some reason. Must be the bad luck part of buying this truck so cheap, lol.

Why do you need the fitting? Is it stripped out? If the other part is just broke off inside it you should be able to get the broke part out of it with some time and patience Its just aluminum and you should be able to use a small saw blade and or file to wittle thru it and it tears out pretty easy. might just try a pipe extractor. There is no difference in trannies they will swap in no problems. If you are getting a different tranny the fitting you need should be in the replacement. There is no reason to remove the fittings. DTT doesn't show the line thats why you need to contact them. But the factory one is what most go with. The DTT one is braided steel line and they claim it will be stronger and more reliable than factory as the factory ones are known to crack although I have yet to see one crack personally.

Why do you need the fitting? Is it stripped out? If the other part is just broke off inside it you should be able to get the broke part out of it with some time and patience Its just aluminum and you should be able to use a small saw blade and or file to wittle thru it and it tears out pretty easy. might just try a pipe extractor. There is no difference in trannies they will swap in no problems. If you are getting a different tranny the fitting you need should be in the replacement. There is no reason to remove the fittings. DTT doesn't show the line thats why you need to contact them. But the factory one is what most go with. The DTT one is braided steel line and they claim it will be stronger and more reliable than factory as the factory ones are known to crack although I have yet to see one crack personally.

The fitting in my replacement tranny is the one that is broke. The brass fitting that screws into the tranny case. It got cracked somehow during shipping. I got the remainder of the fitting out just need a replacement to install. I am planning on building the tranny I am taking out and don't want to remove the fittings from it so I don't break one of them.

The fitting in my replacement tranny is the one that is broke. The brass fitting that screws into the tranny case. It got cracked somehow during shipping. I got the remainder of the fitting out just need a replacement to install. I am planning on building the tranny I am taking out and don't want to remove the fittings from it so I don't break one of them.

You won't break it, its just pipe thread. I wouldn't spend money for something you already have an extra of.

You won't break it, its just pipe thread. I wouldn't spend money for something you already have an extra of.

The reason for the concern is when I got the piece of the fitting out after it broke off it had been installed with loctite for some reason instead of thread sealant. I think I found the fitting at Napa, just got to go check and make sure it is the correct one incase I do happen to end up with another broken one. Was basically trying to find out so if something does happen to on of the extra fittings I know where I could get one. I had already called everywhere around here and it was like I was speaking a different language. Found the part number online and called back and now they knew what I was talking about the whole time, lol.

If the fitting is the one I am thinking of, it is a brass fitting ahead of the linkage, I think it's the "hot line".I broke one on my truck and had to order it from a dealer, it wasn't cheap, like $40.00....ouchIt was a special fitting and I wasn't able to source one locally due to the was the line went in, I hope you have better luck finding one than I did.....good luck

If the fitting is the one I am thinking of, it is a brass fitting ahead of the linkage, I think it's the "hot line". I broke one on my truck and had to order it from a dealer, it wasn't cheap, like $40.00....ouch It was a special fitting and I wasn't able to source one locally due to the was the line went in, I hope you have better luck finding one than I did.....good luck

That is the fitting I am referring to. Found the fitting, identical to what I removed except not broken :lmao:, at Napa. Part number from them is BK7304980. Was $15.24 after tax.

• 2 weeks later...