• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

I started having the infamous up/down shifting around 43-47 mph this afternoon. I've found the link for recal'ing the APPS, but the links are dead for the ground wire mod. Can anyone steer me in the right direction for this? I plan on taking the troubleshooting one step at a time tomorrow.

1st will try the APPS reset

2nd will try the alum. foil around passenger battery to alternator wire

3rd would like to try the ground wire if the above fails to fix her up

4th will replace APPS if needed as last resort

Anyone care to chime in and let me know if I have these steps in the right order?

Thanks in advance for any tips.

--- Update to the previous post...

Forgot to mention that it's not throwing any codes...

I also plan on checking the horn relay in the tranny spot, and vice versa.

As for the file for the ground wire mod, I have the files now. Just had to re-invert my head from the cranial-anal inversion position it was stuck in, and click on download file.

This happened to me 2 years ago, I cleaned the all ground wires. In particular the small wire on the passenger side battery and the one for the PCM (on the firewall behind turbo). This worked for about 6 months then it started again. I cleaned them again but ended up moving the small ground on the passenger side battery so it is under one of the fender mounting bolts. 18 moths and no more problems.

• 2 years later...

[h=2]Posted Image anyone got some help ideas[/h]

Hey guys

I got a dodge ram 2500 5.9 v8 gas truck

and I've had a time of it

most recently I was headed up a hill at about 20degrees outside and I lost all tranny power! then My engine caught fire. it appeared, after putting out the fire, that the transmission dipstick had puked the tranny fluid out onto the engine block which ignited!

I took off the pan expecting to find a blown tranny but it was clean and runs fine as far as shifting and driving but after about ten minutes of driving seems like tranny fluid overheats and it starts to function sloppy

I checked the tranny cooler as well in the radiator and there is good flow there too.

what does a bad torque converter feel like?

any thoughts what could be causing this

• Owner

I started having the infamous up/down shifting around 43-47 mph this afternoon. I've found the link for recal'ing the APPS, but the links are dead for the ground wire mod. Can anyone steer me in the right direction for this? I plan on taking the troubleshooting one step at a time tomorrow.

1st will try the APPS reset

2nd will try the alum. foil around passenger battery to alternator wire

3rd would like to try the ground wire if the above fails to fix her up

4th will replace APPS if needed as last resort

Anyone care to chime in and let me know if I have these steps in the right order?

Thanks in advance for any tips.

Forgot to mention that it's not throwing any codes...

I also plan on checking the horn relay in the tranny spot, and vice versa.

As for the file for the ground wire mod, I have the files now. Just had to re-invert my head from the cranial-anal inversion position it was stuck in, and click on download file.

All pointing to a AC noise level of the alternator is too high. Have the alternator inpected for AC noise level first before doing anything wiring wise.