• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Side tappit cover replacement

Ok fellas! I'm replacing the side tappit cover gasket! I'm 3/4 of the way into tear down an like a dummy I forgot to take pictures! I'm fixing to start taking some pictures of what I have done so far! An I will take pictures of reassembly if you want me to post them I will! I will write a summary on the teardown and reassembly if anyone else ever has to do this!:thumb1:

Ok fellas! I'm replacing the side tappit cover gasket! I'm 3/4 of the way into tear down an like a dummy I forgot to take pictures! I'm fixing to start taking some pictures of what I have done so far! An I will take pictures of reassembly if you want me to post them I will! I will write a summary on the teardown and reassembly if anyone else ever has to do this!:thumb1:

Got pics already http://forum.mopar1973man.com/threads/3312-Tappet-Cover-Unveiled?highlight=tappet Any other pics would work as well, don't know if you can do better than him since the engine was out :lol: A writeup would be very nice! :thumb1:

Oh heck man I didn't know there was already a post up or I wouldn't have started this one! I'm having to replae mine because it's leaking like someone has a faucet on! I'm waiting on my brother to get back with a puller so I can yank the vp44 off so I have total access to everything, it looks like it would be heck to get the front bolt out without pulling to vp44!

--- Update to the previous post...

Well I finally got the truck back together and that dang tappit cover gasket had a crack in it! It's sitting back in the shop purring or actually (rattling) like she always had! I'm going to bring it up to tempature, shut it off change the oil, fill her up and add some 2 stroke to her and see how she does then! I'll get back on later and do a write up on it! Did everything myself not a bad job but had a mechanic friend of mine put the vp44 back on! I had a bad experience once putting one on, so I'll tear down but refuse to reinstall the vp44 from now on!:cookoo: