• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Gage Cluster Check

Are you trying to figure out how to install gauges or something?

I was just checking the dash gages making sure they all were ok. i am going to do a A piller mount in the near future, with auto meter gages though. I want gages in before I ever do anything else to it.

• 2 months later...

Gage checks? Voltmeter - read the battery with a volt-ohm meteroil pressure - tee at the sensor or add mechanical at the second tap on top of the oil filter ( where the turbo oils fromwater temp - dip sensor in boiling water... 212F at sea level, 194 at 6k elevation - I think, been a while, infrared thermometerFuel - fill tankair filter restriction - hand vacuum pump to check calibrationboost -gage tee'd intrans temp - thermometer, thermocuple, infrared thermometer, a second gagepyrometer - infrared thermometer, thermocouplespeedometer- GPSodometer - GPSfuel pressure - valve and tee for gage under the hoodMost don't consider an infrared thermometer a truck gage, its portable, its a tool but if you want to check wheel bearings you can take them apart and look or load them and take their temperature. Much more than 50F above ambiant is cause for a look, unequal side to side other than sun load. Just walk around the truck and click on hubs and treads after running an hour or more. Low air pressure = hot tire, bad wheel bearings = hot hub, hot differential = low oil or bad bearings, hot battery = bad battery or voltage regulator, one battery is hot = hot battery is bad, unhook the ground to save the other one for some thing else. Batteries are a set, unbalanced batteries will self discharge unless the ground is disconnected. Time to full voltage is the amount of discharge from a battery. So if you replace 1 and the recharge time goes way up, they will self discharge if left hooked togather.keydl