• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

NO TEMP RISE SEEN FROM INTAKE HEATERS Ok got that part now what I did was eliminate the heater (Ca. warm wheather) to get a little more flow, I left the solenoids hooked up and insulated the heater ends in hope of fooling the computer no luck so wondering what you guys do to keep from thrown this code

P1291 - No Temp Rise Seen From Intake Heaters Energizing Heated Air Intake does not change intake air temperature sensor an acceptable amount. Monitor & Set Conditions Temperature rise from intake air heaters is monitored for first 15 seconds of engine operation. DTC may be stored if initial Intake Air Temperature (IAT) sensor reading is 0-66°F (-17.8 to 18.8°C), Battery Temperature Sensor (BTS) and IAT sensor are within 10°F of each other, time between end of preheat and engine run state is less than 30 seconds, engine is cranked for less than 5 seconds before engine starts, preheat is completed before engine starts, post-heat is active and no IAT sensor or intake air heater relay DTCs exist. There's extensive trouble shooting in our code section: http://forum.mopar1973man.com/threads/2618-P1291-No-Temp-Rise-Seen-From-Intake-Heaters Since I have the same resistor as Mike wired across a toggle switch as an IAT fooler... should I be turning it off (back to the OEM sensor) then to the fooler after a minute or so?

• Owner

I've got no switch on mine at all... But I've got no grid heaters either because the IAT temp is 140*F all the time. So yeah if you got the switched unit from Prowelder I would leave it off and let the engine warm up a mile or so and then kick it on then you can get grid heaters for cold start and then flip over to the fooler...