• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

insulation/undercoating/sound reduction....

Getting ready to install my alarm in the truck and while the interior is out, I am want to spray the inside with a sound deadener/insulation material. 2 things I founs are lizard skin and a product called coolcar. Leaning towards coolcar since they are in seattle if they will let me pick it up locally instead of shipping. If not, well then its a matter of overall price including shipping. Anyone have any experience with either? Oh I am also replacing the carpet with a full vinyl flooring as well. from auto-interior.com I want biege but I think it will be a tad too much. so going with the black. :thumb1:

• Owner

Vinyl floor be careful with... All the truck I worked on that had vinyl flooring typical would hold water in the padding and the rot out the floor on the driver side. Like after a winter season you might pull a door trim and lift the vinyl and check to see if the padding is soaked.

LOL I will take pics. Need to fix my blend air door while I'm in there and clean the air ducts out. Previous owners were smokers. :ahhh: Their vinyl flooring doesnt look to have a matting behind it. I had a ex cop diplomat with the factory vinyl with the matting. Hopefully their vinyl is a little thicker. Tired of grungy looking carpet. My interior is biege/or camel or whatever color name. Cant remember off hand now. :duh:Passenger side carpet gets wet from time to time. Havent been able to pin point when. No antifreeze smeel, coolant not dropping and not after a rain either. :shrug:

• Owner

Rear cab taillight is leaking. As for carpet I give you a trick. Yank all the capet out and then take a power washer to it with a mild fan tip and washer the carpets out you'll be surprise how clean they get. Now knowing the stock carpet has padding glued to it you could power wash it and put the carpet down then the vinyl on top. Then you got sound deader... :smart:

• Like 1

Rear cab taillight is leaking. As for carpet I give you a trick. Yank all the capet out and then take a power washer to it with a mild fan tip and washer the carpets out you'll be surprise how clean they get. Now knowing the stock carpet has padding glued to it you could power wash it and put the carpet down then the vinyl on top. Then you got sound deader... :smart:

Got any ideas on how to get the sat antenna in the cab? I ran the antenna in through the bottom. Carpet didnt start getting wet right after the install so I imagine the gasket finally went. I am doing the vinyl either way, and never thought of reusing the carpet. I like that idea. Will definately keep that in mind. :thumb1: I do have a pressure washer to.