• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Water on camper floor after rain...

Sooo after today's deluge I went out... found window track overflowed onto ledge... I mopped it up. I probably should have left the track full so I could have seen if it drained when I went outside & probed the drains with a flat blade. But they seemed to be open?! WTF?? I just don't get it. Maybe I need magnification & more light to inspect more closely... Maybe I could pour water back into track to test it... but if it still doesn't drain, I have no clue why.

• Owner

I had a simular problem with mine... As the trailer was level I would always have a pool of water inside on top of the slide roof. Come to find out the rain gutter above the slide had a minor gap and allowed the water to seep in on the slide and pool up. First way I comfirmed that was drop the tongue jack really low putting about 4" drop on the tongue from level. The pool never showed. So I ran a bead of clear silcone on the mounting edge of the rain gutter and small bead on the screw heads and problem gone now.So in Russ case it might be sloped left to right causing the water to over fill a window gutter... (Edumacated guess :smart:)At any rate you might look over the windows closely... Using compressed air and blowing the tracks out and be sure the drain holes are not plugged up. Might also look at the upper edge of the windows on the outside and be sure is not leaking through the exterior skin. Most RV's use butyl tape to seal the windows and over the years it tends to dry out and crack. RV dealers suggest you remove the windows and re-do the butyl tape and re-install... Me I took a putty knife and cut the squeezed out tape off, cleaned with de-greaser and then ran a bead of clear silcone around the windows. Turned out really nice. Bad part about water leaks is that they can start anywhere and run a long ways in the water before coming out. (Been reading over at RV.net)

• Like 1

Trailer does't have pop-outs. I thought the windows had felt in the tracks... which had turned to lint which plugged up the drains. After I probed the drains, with good light & magnification (bad eyes... hell getting old!) I found I'd pushed what I thought was lint & dirt into the track. I swear I couldn't see it until after I'd probed the slots. I cleaned it out of that first window. I'll do the same for the rest of them today. I'm glad I found this.

edit

I did the other windows now. I found I was mistaken. What I thought was lint in the first window was in fact a tiny bit of open cell foam... I suppose to keep bugs from climbing in through those tiny slots. I don't know how they expected the foam to stay open enough to drain. I could barely get a thin putty knife into there. The foam was full of debris. I pushed all the foam into the trailer & cleaned the slots. I'm more concerned with the certainty of water damaging the camper than the possibility of some bugs. Much better to tackle this at home than when we're off somewhere. That spare putty knife is now added to the tool kit.