Serpintine Belt Alignment

My belt rides towards the front and eats into the tensioner,I've replaced the pully(not the tensioner) but only does this w/AC belt,I have non/AC belt that seems to run correctly,but for the life of me I can't see how to adjust the AC compressor since there is a roll pin that has to align in mounting bracket.:shrug:

• Administrator

Most likely the tensioner is the cause... You might see more wear damage to the tensioner after its removed from the truck. I pulled one off a Ford Powerstroke and you could see it with the belt on, but now take the belt off it was fine. After removing you could see the shoulders of the tensioner where wore out and causing it to rock over. But I think the Non A/C route puts less belt face on the tensioner... (Gotta look at the label on my truck)...

Most likely the tensioner is the cause... You might see more wear damage to the tensioner after its removed from the truck. I pulled one off a Ford Powerstroke and you could see it with the belt on, but now take the belt off it was fine. After removing you could see the shoulders of the tensioner where wore out and causing it to rock over. But I think the Non A/C route puts less belt face on the tensioner... (Gotta look at the label on my truck)...

Yes it has wore into the tensioner,but I thought replacing the pully would eliminate that,going to replace the tensioner and belt and go from there. Thanks Mike

Advertisements and Ad Blockers

Mopar1973Man.Com uses the income from advertisers to pay the bills on the website. Please whitelist your ad blockers for Mopar1973Man.Com this will allow advertisements to display on our pages but allows you to still block ads on the other websites you visit. 

image.png

I will whitelist Mopar1973Man.Com