• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Serpintine Belt Alignment

My belt rides towards the front and eats into the tensioner,I've replaced the pully(not the tensioner) but only does this w/AC belt,I have non/AC belt that seems to run correctly,but for the life of me I can't see how to adjust the AC compressor since there is a roll pin that has to align in mounting bracket.:shrug:

• Owner

Most likely the tensioner is the cause... You might see more wear damage to the tensioner after its removed from the truck. I pulled one off a Ford Powerstroke and you could see it with the belt on, but now take the belt off it was fine. After removing you could see the shoulders of the tensioner where wore out and causing it to rock over. But I think the Non A/C route puts less belt face on the tensioner... (Gotta look at the label on my truck)...

Most likely the tensioner is the cause... You might see more wear damage to the tensioner after its removed from the truck. I pulled one off a Ford Powerstroke and you could see it with the belt on, but now take the belt off it was fine. After removing you could see the shoulders of the tensioner where wore out and causing it to rock over. But I think the Non A/C route puts less belt face on the tensioner... (Gotta look at the label on my truck)...

Yes it has wore into the tensioner,but I thought replacing the pully would eliminate that,going to replace the tensioner and belt and go from there. Thanks Mike