• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Water hammer and Gauges (Mechanical and Electric)

• Owner

Here you go guys and gals a water hammer video...

This will give you a good feel of what is going on with the gauges. Now remember the injection pump turns at 1/2 the rate of the crank but fires all 6 injectors in 1 360* turn of the gear. So let say your cruising at 2K RPM's so the injection pump is turning 1K RPM's but fires 6,000 times a minute. This is why you really don't see pressure change like my video but since the frequency of the valve open/close causes a buzzing noise to mechanical gauges. Also my irragation system is much higher pressure compared to liftp pumps but the same efect happens just on a smaller scale.I blown up the filter once already being dumb and slammed shut a ball valve. It absolutely exploded! :duh:

• Owner

a very simple but accurate example of water hammer. if you can just work on that hand speed a little

Oh yeah 6,000 times a minute or a 100 times a second. :cookoo: So at idle its 800 RPM's (roughly speaking) divide by 2 and the injection pump turning 400 PRM's which fires all 6 injectors in 1 revolution which happens to be 2400 times a minute the injection pump fires or divide by 60 again and it actually firing 40 times a second... I don't think my hands are that fast... :lmao::lmao2:

it would be a helluva video though:lmao:. reminds me of the seen in The Right Stuff, the nurse stuck one of them with something and his hand was opening and closing very quickly and he is looking at it like:stuned: and the next seen he is massageing and beating on his hand just trying to get it to open again.:lmao2: