• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com

We can see that your guest and been lurking about. When you register on the Mopar1973Man.Com site you'll be able to interact with all the other members. This is the most friendliest Cummins forum you'll ever join. Take the time right now and  REGISTER  on the Mopar1973Man.Com this will open up many more options and functions on the website. Everyone is very friendly and helpful just ask questions and everyone will help you out the best they can. 

Sign in to follow this  
Mopar1973Man

Water hammer and Gauges (Mechanical and Electric)

Here you go guys and gals a water hammer video...

This will give you a good feel of what is going on with the gauges. Now remember the injection pump turns at 1/2 the rate of the crank but fires all 6 injectors in 1 360* turn of the gear. So let say your cruising at 2K RPM's so the injection pump is turning 1K RPM's but fires 6,000 times a minute. This is why you really don't see pressure change like my video but since the frequency of the valve open/close causes a buzzing noise to mechanical gauges. Also my irragation system is much higher pressure compared to liftp pumps but the same efect happens just on a smaller scale.I blown up the filter once already being dumb and slammed shut a ball valve. It absolutely exploded! :duh:

a very simple but accurate example of water hammer. if you can just work on that hand speed a little

a very simple but accurate example of water hammer. if you can just work on that hand speed a little

Oh yeah 6,000 times a minute or a 100 times a second. :cookoo: So at idle its 800 RPM's (roughly speaking) divide by 2 and the injection pump turning 400 PRM's which fires all 6 injectors in 1 revolution which happens to be 2400 times a minute the injection pump fires or divide by 60 again and it actually firing 40 times a second... I don't think my hands are that fast... :lmao::lmao2:

it would be a helluva video though:lmao:. reminds me of the seen in The Right Stuff, the nurse stuck one of them with something and his hand was opening and closing very quickly and he is looking at it like:stuned: and the next seen he is massageing and beating on his hand just trying to get it to open again.:lmao2: