• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Hello and Help with a leak

Hi guys,

I've been lurking and learning on many forums. I got my truck back in August of '10, but I've learned slowly along the way. I love the truck and know there are things I'm needing to do to it, but I got hurt and sadly it took a back seat to so many things and then other stuff came up. I'm trying to catch up.

I've got a leak inside that I noticed. There is a streak on the rear glass where it runs down. There is a little brown staining on the headliner on the passenger side. I don't know if there is a possible seam breach just back of the door on the roof, or if (in my opinion more likely) the cargo light that is on the back of the cab is leaking.

If the cargo light is the culprit, I assume that I get up there and unscrew it and repair the gasket. Is there a gasket? Do I clean off a sealant then go back with a silicone, rtv, or something? I'll try and put some pictures here to make this a bit more clear. I don't know if I have that privilege yet or not. Let's see what I can do.

Thanks for the help!

Jamman

'99 Quad Cab, Long Bed, 4x4, 6" lift, BHAF, EFX step rails, 140ishk miles

--- Update to the previous post...

Posted Image

If you look, you can see a whitish trickle line down the entire glass. Follow that up and you should see some staining of the headliner.

Posted Image

Posted Image

This is an exterior view of the cargo light that I suspect is the culprit, but I don't know if there is a seam that I should worry about under that black plastic/rubber trim extending back from the door seam.

Many thanks on the ideas. The silicone would certainly work, but I think I like the gasket idea better. I've just seen silicone patches go badly before. I'm surprised a dealer only wanted $5 for that. I'll have to check into it.Glad to know that I seem to have that much figured out. Off to keep reading and trying to educate myself.Thanks!

Muchas gracias!I'll let you know if I need it. Got to find the dealer. They relocated recently and I haven't bothered to keep track of them.And of course, we are getting a heavy rain as we speak. Oh well, I'll have to clean out the stain in the headliner once I fix it.