• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

2 stroke oil in farm equipment

anoldbiker

I'm old fashion and it took a long time to feel comfortable putting something into my fuel like the 2 stroke oil. I was always picky with my fuel, keep it clean, filtered and such. Does anyone else run 2 stroke in their farm equipment ?If you do, have their been issues or improvements ?I have a 40 hp Massy and a 28 hp Kubota lawnmower, both diesel. I'm thinking about starting it in them.

Besides my 01 CTD, I've been running TCW3 in my old JD 410 backhoe/loader. (410, no letters). I don't know if it will improve the mpg or gph but it has to be better than this ULS fuel in a high-sulpher machine. Years ago when I was in the boat business, I used to use MMO for fogging marine engines for winter storage (4000 over 20 years)... today I would use TCW3. I use it on my own gas lawn equipment off season.

Thanks. I've never tried it in the farm equipment before. And the price you pay for parts and labor is far from cheap. My equipment runs good, but a taste rich. Could be I notice only when it's under a good load. (Been over 40 years since I ran a tractor and such. And an old 8N is different than what I have now).

Run it in my 4030 90 hp JD, 1oz to the gal and it quites the injection pump way down. If you ever heard a JD injection pump clater you know what I am talking about. I dont know if it hurts the injection pump to clater the way it does or not but it cant be good for it, I think.

Just ran the first tank through the Kubota and 1/2 through the second. It's quieter and doesn't seem to bother the engine. The Massey isn't used much right now, but plan on more work soon and hoping it will quiet it some. To bad I can't tell if it will use a taste less fuel per hour.

• 3 weeks later...

Just ran the first tank through the Kubota and 1/2 through the second. It's quieter and doesn't seem to bother the engine. The Massey isn't used much right now, but plan on more work soon and hoping it will quiet it some. To bad I can't tell if it will use a taste less fuel per hour.

Tha't what I was going to say, quieter in my B7100. I've been running 50 50 mix of filtered used veggie oil & ULSD for summer, as it gets colder I will go 25 75 & in the coldest of winter just 1oz of 2 cyl per gal of ULSD. The pump needs some kind of lubrication. I want to be running my own BioD, but just too many projects & taking care of my animals takes time. My nieghbor has been running the 50 50 mix for years in his old diesel tractors for his farm in the summer. Just may have to change the fuel filter a little more, if the fuel doesn't get warm enough the animal fat clogs the filter, but if it duz the fat melts away. Dave