• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Gone and done it....

Needless to say I had a very very bad day at work the other day. I had inspectors there, and due to circumstances and it just not being my day things feel apart. Amazingly through all the stress I kept cool about it and just finished my work and went home despite the fact I got a horrible survey. So even though my superiors told me that it was not my fault it was due to the circumstances I have a feeling the higher ups aren't going to see it that way and I may be in the job market come Thursday. The really sad part is I feel liberated by the idea of being fired. I have always hated the job. Anybody have any entry level job ideas that don't require college, or require very minimal (i.e. no more than 6 months) that would pay somewhat decent?I took welding classes, computer science classes, and even wrenched at a small shop when I was a teenager but that has been quite a while. I am also pretty proficient with locks and have thought about becoming a locksmith. I am pretty much open to anything that is entry level.Problem is this is Denver so there are less chances for apprentices, as there are colleges around every corner. Any ideas would be great!

• Owner

What is your best skill? Now start you own home business with your best skill(s)...Like myself I've got 2 business I run...1. Cloud 10 Computers (Serving Idaho now for 19 years)2. Mopar1973Man (Serving Idaho now 5 years)Now mind you I'm not rich by no means but I make enough to pay the bills. There are time when things are slow but other times when there hopping too. All my customers are by word of mouth I don't advertise at all. Thing is you already showing signs that you not happy with your current job and I'm sure you got good skills at doing other things. So take control of the moment and create your own little business and do something you going to enjoy doing. When you do a job you enjoy doing the product always turns out top notch.For example my Cloud 10 Computers business I produces many custom made computers and several of them have exceeded there life span and continue to function just as good as the day I made them. Like Johnson & company (Real Estate Co.) has a computer I build its over 9 years old and still going! :D

I have actually thought about starting my own business, just had no idea where to start. Seems like a lot of work when it comes to licenses and taxes. I think i'm going to look into this a little harder though. Thanks for the advice and kind words!

• Owner

I have actually thought about starting my own business, just had no idea where to start. Seems like a lot of work when it comes to licenses and taxes. I think i'm going to look into this a little harder though. Thanks for the advice and kind words!

There is only 2 things to deal with...

1. Get Sale Tax Permit.

2. File for DBA (Doing Business As) name.

That's it. Talk to a accountant for more information on your local state and county laws for these permits. As for accounting for the taxes I use good ol' Quickbooks because it accounts for the taxes and has a feature to pay the monthly taxes (sales taxes). Beyond that its doing your job and smiling as you knowning you are your own boss, you set the days you work, how long you work, and where you work... It's totally up you if you going to make it... ;)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Does the dollar come with your business card?! I hear ya though, cummins2k. I am a year through college for electricity and couldn't even find an intern. I was getting on to work at a turbine generator shop and had to go through the state's services to get hired and they only want HS drop outs and people in need. I guess thats so everyone will be getting by in this economy. I know theres always a job for a welder, atleast around here.. I could barely find a summer job. Sat around the house for a couple weeks wondering. Pulled some strings, got people to put int he good word for me, and that was just to get a damn job at a hotel! Not only that, its 33 miles one way.. I been using 2 stroke like crazy, setting the cruise at 65, trying to get every drop of fuel out of it. If I were you though, I think I would just go in person to every business telling them you want to be their computer tech.. Might even go to all those colleges and be there computer guy. Or offer your welding services.. :confused: :2cents: