• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

whats a good brand to buy ? I am in need of the sensor alone there is a gauge and all in the truck just my old sensor on the trans ( oil pan ) got a rusted tip and wire would not stay on there long enough that is a single wire sensor the other option is an aftermarket oil pan but does any of them come pre drilled for a temp sensor ?

I like the westach personally they are not pretty but they are great gauges, What ever gauge setup you choose you need the sensor to match the sender if you were looking at just replacing the sender. As for a place for the sensor check out the thread linked below. The factory line with the temp sensor port in it is the best place to monitor tranny temp. Monitoring it in the pan is worthless information, the gauge is just for decoration at that point. that oil is the coldest oil in the system, you need to monitor the oil at its hottest point which is the cooler line as it exits the converter. http://forum.mopar1973man.com/threads/1135-Installing-Tranny-temp-gauge?highlight=cooler+line

I like the westach personally they are not pretty but they are great gauges, What ever gauge setup you choose you need the sensor to match the sender if you were looking at just replacing the sender. As for a place for the sensor check out the thread linked below. The factory line with the temp sensor port in it is the best place to monitor tranny temp. Monitoring it in the pan is worthless information, the gauge is just for decoration at that point. that oil is the coldest oil in the system, you need to monitor the oil at its hottest point which is the cooler line as it exits the converter. http://forum.mopar1973man.com/threads/1135-Installing-Tranny-temp-gauge?highlight=cooler+line

Yep, save yourself lots of trouble by getting a new gauge kit! I have a cheapo mech unit that I placed the sensor into my stock pan. But if you have the money, go with an after market pan as well to get additional cooling & extra fluid capacity as well!:smart: