• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Trans won't shift out of second!!!!

OK I installed the new Gov/solenoid I bought from DTT today and new the trans won't sift out of second gear unless you let off the throttle completely and then if you give it to much throttle it wants to go back down to second even if the RPM is to high for it!!!!

Any ideas as to what could be causing this?

Don

--- Update to the previous post...

Should add that I install a new sensor at the same time, this was a OEM part from the dealer.

Mike can you move this to the power train section please.

OK found out what was wrong, the new governor solenoid is used in two other transmissions the 46RE, 47RE and the 48RE and there are two retainer groves and I installed it in the first grove and I should have used the second or the one that is closest to the solenoid motor! I would think maybe a heads up on this from DTT would have been nice. Will be calling them Monday to let them know of the issue and the fact that a simple note added with the solenoid could save their customers A LOT of aggravation!!!!

Don

As a side note this thread has received 29 looks but not one reply???

• Like 1