• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Smarty Programmer

Hopefully this is in the right section? Move if need be... Was looking for anyone in my area that would be willing to help me activate my high idle and change the tire size thing as well.Would be willing to pay for the trouble. Or if anyone trusts me enough, borrow theirs to do it?...I know, probably a long shot... :pray:

Hey guys, gots a question for ya's. A guy just called me today who is in my area and has a SMARTY programmer. He said he would be willing to do the work I wanted for me, but he is not sure of one thing. He said he did not know if he had done the mods for me that then the programmer would not work for other vehicles. Something about a vin-lockout?Can't a SMARTY work on all compatible vehicles and not get restricted to just one? Making sense?

For the SMARTY to work, he needs to unload it from his truck, load any program onto yours. Wait 1 minute, start your truck. Turn your truck off, unload the SMARTY from your truck and reload it back onto his with all the settings he previously had. Your truck will have the high idle loaded then.The VIN lock is so that multiple trucks can't have different software on them. This is how SMARTY makes their money.

You cannnot update the ABS or speedometer, unless you buy a SMARTY of your own. Once the CaTCHER software is unloaded and your truck is back to stock. Any changes made are wiped out, unless you have a SMARTY of your own. The high idle software is left behind though.

• Like 1

• Owner

The only thing you'll get is high idle... The ABS/Speedo will be lost on return to stock (At least what I've been told).

Owner

[*]Return his/her vehicle to stock.

[*]Unplug as usual.

You

[*]Hook up the smarty and run a program.

[*]Take a ride around the block.

[*]Hook up again return to stock.

Owner

[*]Hook up and return to previous programming.

VIN lock is only in effect as long as a program is in use in a vehicle. Smarty is unlocked when the vehicle is returned to stock.

• Like 1