• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Got an 01 dually,replaced the lift pump, still no crank,tried the code display it displayed the p pcu then p done then p ecu then p done but no code inbetween either. Got a $300.00 code scanner on the recomendation of another tech, showed no code stored because check engine light not on. I am stumped as to the problem with my truck

It has a new lift pump, new fuel filter,tried the error code thing,dont show any,can crack injectors and get fuel to all but #1 cylinder,tries to crank but just dont quite make it. Ran the batteries down trying to crank after a while of cracking injectors and getting fuel everywhere but #1. Bout to pull out what little hair I got left!

Have you tried to start the truck with the lift pump unplugged? Mine was doing something similar after I installed a new lift pump. I tried to start it one day with the lift pump unplugged and it cranked right up! I wouldn't let it run but just a few seconds to keep from damaging the IP. Come to find out I was told that I probably had a tear in the diaphram of the injector pump. I installed a cutoff switch in the ground of the lift pump for when it doesnt want to start. The truck has been running great since then.

I have a few questions / observations: Question... WHY was the lift pump replaced? Did the Lift Pump Fail? Observation: The VP44 IP (Injector Pump) is fuel lubricated and has proved to be somewhat fragile & especially untollerant to low fuel pressure (below specified 5 psi). Often LP failure (causes low fuel pressure) will damage the IP. Observation: The VP44 was designed for LS (Low Sulfer) Diesel. The sulpher acts as a lubricant. The ULS (Ultra Low Sulfer) Diesel available now makes the fuel lubrication situation critical. Many of us use of TCW3 (2 cycle oil) as an additive is an attempt to improve the fuel lubrication. Those whose trucks have been emission tested have found no difference with the TCW3. As TCW3 is intended to burn clean, it seems a good choice. Conclusion: If the LP failed, it's likely it damaged the VP44 IP. Sorry. Russ

Got an 01 dually,replaced the lift pump, still no crank,tried the code display it displayed the p pcu then p done then p ecu then p done but no code inbetween either. Got a $300.00 code scanner on the recomendation of another tech, showed no code stored because check engine light not on. I am stumped as to the problem with my truck