• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

ANOTHER fuel question

just to follow up with what i started the thread about.....got my module all drilled and fanagled and what not. it was a bit of a pain and aot of puting it together and taking it apart to trim a little off the straw but heres what i did.post-10727-138698183572_thumb.jpg this guy completely out of my setup.post-10727-138698183554_thumb.jpgafter that i drilled a hole about 3/4 (actually a smidge bigger to allow fuel to return around the straw) in the module bottom to allow the straw to poke through and down to the screen belowafter that i measured and measured again and cut my straw to the apropriate length. NOTE my module now touches the bottom of the tank and is permanently fixed to its measured length (14 inches or so) with some bigger bottom head screws i had in the garage. then i castle cut the bottom of t he straw for easier pickup.post-10727-138698183544_thumb.jpgand this is what she looks like all said and donepost-10727-138698183551_thumb.jpgso far past that i have the module back in the tank and the OLD supply line completely removed and i have replaced the fitting on the pre filter with a 1/2 90degree brass fitting. the hose is connected at the prefilter i just have to decided whether i want the lines inside the frame rail or outside.what do you guys think???

post-10727-138698183569_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Dodgethis, looks good. I just replaced my lines, went with 1/2" supply and 3/8 return, mounted them inside to rail. I cut and bent the ends of the old steel Lns. Left old Stl Ln on rail beside tank and zip tied new Lns. under cab on the rail where I cut old Ln I used rubber coated tubing holders 2ea on all 3 or 4 OEM mounting bolts on inside rail and into engine Say that Lp fitting 90 elbow, I put a straight 3/8 npt with male barb and ran 1/2 Ln in place of old ln to use bracketts. Thanks for the pics of the module and DS. I do mine today.. Dave

Yes Yes I'll look at all of them. If you post them here. Give'em a little more picksel so I can zoom in on'em. Let me tell ya I installed the stud kit for the LP, made my life a whole lot better. I did go back and put a 90 elbow on the pre heater, fuel filter fits better. Realy fought that one too. I also put some heat shield on the return Ln next to the block. Hope this keeps it from the elements longer.. Appreciate the feed back dodgethis91, Thanks Dave