• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Performance chip/code reader??

Last question I have for you guys to help me with thats probably pretty simple to answer. Obviously because I have a 99 I cant read codes with using the key switch trick. I currently have a quadzilla xzt+ chip. I am looking for something to give alittle boost that is fairly easy to hook up that will read codes. I can't make a decision on spending the money on an edge juice with attitude because of price and I don't think I would use more than 60hp, smarty, or scan gauge. Everyone has something different and I figured you guys could give me a suggestion on what I should go with for my needs. Thank you!

Smarty would be the only choice for a programmer that can read codes and give a boost of power. As for being able to read codes and give back information back (live data) then you would be looking at a ScanGauge II be the boost of power is not part of it. :rolleyes:

If I went with a scangauge could I still use the Quadzilla XZT+ or would I have to pull that out? I guess same question with the Smarty if you know? Thanks!